In this newsletter:
- Shaheen Maintenance: September 14th 2021
- Shaheen 101 Training: registration
- RCAC meeting
- Follow us on Twitter and YouTube
- Previous Announcements
- Previous Tips
We would like to announce our next maintenance session on Tuesday the 14th of September. We anticipate that our activities will take around 24 hours. This will include work on bringing new project filesystem and backup solution online, as well as some follow up full system job runs. We will advise the exact timing closer to the date. There will be no access to the login nodes and files during the outage. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns.
Shaheen 101 Training: registration
KAUST Supercomputing Lab invites you to attend the “HPC 101 Shaheen II Training”, on Tuesday, 14 September 2022. The event will be located in Auditorium, Blg 9, Auditorium Lecture Hall 2325. Broadcasting will be available for registrants.
This training is aimed to anyone interested in Shaheen II, Cray XC40 supercomputer, with an introductory overview of the system and its usage, how to be granted access and to use efficiently the allocated resources, take advantage of hundreds of libraries and applications available, along with the best practices. Changes and new features on Shaheen will be also discussed.
Seats are limited, please register to the event: https://hpc.kaust.link/Shaheen101_Fall2021
Registered external attendees will be able to attend only via zoom.
The agenda is as follows:
- 9:30 am Breakfast available in Auditorium
- 9:45 am Welcome and introduction to KAUST Supercomputing Lab with virtual visit of Shaheen
- 10:00 am Overview of Shaheen and Neser Architecture
- 10:15 am How to get an account and access to Shaheen
- 10:25 am Running environment and Job Scheduling
- 10:50 am Running HPC workflow on Shaheen: VASP example
- 11:05 am Applications software example: CFD example
- 11:20 am Programming environment, debugging and profiling, Best practices and tips
- 11:40 am Questions and open discussions with KSL team
The project submission deadline for the next RCAC meeting is September 30th 2021. Please note that the RCAC meetings are held once per month. Projects received on or before the submission deadline will be included in the agenda for the subsequent RCAC meeting.The detailed procedures, updated templates and forms are available here: https://www.hpc.kaust.edu.sa/account-applications
Reminder about Terms and Conditions regarding Research Publications:
- Whenever the results of research conducted on the HPC systems at KAUST are published, or the research involved personnel from KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory (KSL), Principal Investigators (PIs) and authors are required to acknowledge the usage of the HPC systems at KAUST and/or the involvement of KSL personnel in their research in their publications. For example, the following statement could be used: “For computer time, this research used the resources of the Supercomputing Laboratory at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia.
Follow us on Twitter and YouTube
Follow all the latest news on HPC within the Supercomputing Lab and at KAUST, on Twitter @KAUST_HPC.
Our KSL training recordings are now available for you to browse on-demand in our KSL YouTube channel , Subscribe and hit the notification button to keep up to date with our latest material.