Event Date: November 2, 2020
Event Address: Online event (links will be sent via email when you register)
Contact us: email@example.com
The KAUST Supercomputing Core Laboratory (KSL) is organizing a one-day workshop on Deep Learning for Engineers using MATLAB. This online event is organized in conjunction with CES, exclusive partner of MATLAB & Simulink in the Middle East.
About this event
This event will cover the theory behind Deep Learning & will give you hands-on experience in MATLAB.
Who can attend?
This workshop is open to all engineers, researchers, students and managers, who are working at KAUST or any other educational institute or industrial company in Saudi Arabia.
This workshop is targeted at engineers & researchers who have limited or no experience of applying Deep Learning to their specific problems. Attendees with no background in MATLAB and/or deep learning can certainly benefit from this workshop.
Click here to register for this online workshop. You will receive a confirmation email after registration.
Important: Before attending this workshop
To get the most out of this workshop, we encourage you to do the following free self-paced online certificate, before attending.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Dr. Rooh Khurram
KAUST Supercomputing Core Lab
CES – exclusive partner of MathWorks in the Middle East
Link sent to the registrants privately
MATLAB download link and instructions:
Follow the instructions below to download a 30 day MATLAB trial license with additional toolboxes for the hands-on session on 2nd November.
- Access the following link https://www.mathworks.com/campaigns/products/trials.html
- Enter your contact information using company or university email. This action will request to create a MathWorks account if you do not have one.
- To continue, you need to agree with terms and conditions of the trial license.
- At Free MALAB Trial, choose Deep Learning package(image below). Next you will see the list of products within this package(list below). Click Select and continue. If this window for the Deep Learning package does not appear to you, continue with only MATLAB, install it and follow the steps 7 and 8 to install all the listed toolboxes via add-ons.
- Download the installer file for the R2020b release for your operating system.
- Launch the installer and follow the instructions. If you need additional help, look for the instructions at the documentation: https://www.mathworks.com/help/install/
- After the installation, open MATLAB, add more toolboxes to your trial: You can customize your trial using the add-on explorer in MATLAB to select additional toolboxes. Instructions in this link: https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_env/get-add-ons.html
- From the Add-ons window, add the following toolboxes: Automated Driving Toolbox, Bioinformatic Toolbox, Fuzzy Logic Toolbox. And you are all set.
If you need installation support, open a ticket with MathWorks at https://www.mathworks.com/support/contact_us.html