The “Shaheen training on new features for HPC and Analytics”, was held on Monday, October 15th, 2018 at 9:30am in the auditorium 215 in Level 0 between Buildings 2 and 3.
The aim of this course was to give users of Shaheen II, Cray XC40 supercomputer, an introductory overview of the system and its usage, and to help them make efficient use of their allocated resources.
KSL also introduced new features and services including the Neser pre-post processing cluster and the Cray Urika-XC analytics software.
The workshop agenda was follows and the slides are here attached:
- 9:00 am Coffee and Registration
- 9:30 am Overview of Shaheen and Neser Architecture
- 9:50 am How to get access to Shaheen II
- 10:00 am Programming environment and I/O on Shaheen and Neser
- 10:30 am Runtime environment and job scheduling
- 10:50 am Introduction to Cray Urika XC Analytics software
- 11:10 am Applications software example: CFD
- 11:25 am Applications software example: VASP
- 11:40 am Questions and open discussions with KSL team
Seats are limited. Please register here at: http://tiny.cc/Shaheen2018
Please mark this date and time in your calendars and forward this invite to your new colleagues, researchers, and students interested in using Shaheen II Supercomputer.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Thanks and best regards,
Saber Feki, PhD
Computational Scientist Lead
KAUST Supercomputing Core Laboratory (KSL)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology