October 11-13, 2020 (online event)
The KAUST Supercomputing Core Laboratory (KSL) is co-organizing with ANSYS and their channel partner for the Middle East, Fluid Codes, a three-day ANSYS workshop about ANSYS based engineering applications using Shaheen II Supercomputer from October 11 to October 13. This is an online workshop. The registered people will receive instructions for joining the online event. ANSYS is a leader in developing and marketing engineering simulation software. The software creates simulated computer models of structures, electronics, or machine components to simulate strength, toughness, elasticity, temperature distribution, electromagnetism, fluid flow, and other attributes. ANSYS software is used to determine how a product will function with different specifications, without building test products or conducting crash tests. If you have ever witnessed a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, utilized a computer or a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are that you have used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation [www.ansys.com/about-ansys].
The objective of this workshop is to engage industrial partners, educate engineering students, and strive towards establishing full service for providing engineering simulation solutions to the Saudi Industry. The summary of the planned activities for this free of cost event is shown below.
Day-1 Multiphase Flows
- Presentations by ANSYS experts on VOF, DPM and Eulerian models
- Three hands-on workshops for attendees
Day 2: Introduction to ANSYS Mechanical and Certification
- Presentations by ANSYS experts on Structural and Thermal modeling
- Four hands-on workshops for attendees
- CFD Multiphase and Mechanical Certification exam
Day 3: Advanced Topics
- Presentations by KSL experts on high performance computing
- Hands-on session by KSL expert on CFD analysis using Shaheen
- Presentations by ANSYS experts on ANSYS Granta (advanced material modeling) and ANSYS Discovery Live (Real time analysis)
- Certificate distribution
Here is a detailed agenda for the 3-day event.
The event is open to all researchers, students, and managers, who are working at KAUST or at any educational institute or industry in Saudi Arabia. However, the event is primarily targeting the following:
- KAUST students who have limited background in modeling and simulation and would like to learn it quickly to jumpstart their research
- KAUST researchers who are doing experimental work and would like to learn a convenient way to simulate the phenomenon he or she is investigating
- KAUST students who are graduating with a specialty in modeling and simulation and are interested in seeking employment opportunities
- Saudi industrial partners looking to scale up their ANSYS-based simulation on Shaheen or seeking advanced CFD services from KSL
- Undergraduate students from Saudi Universities who are interested in polishing their skills of modeling and getting exposure to a world-class supercomputer
In order to attend, you must register by clicking here.
We are looking forward to meeting with you!
KAUST Supercomputing Core Lab
- June 7-9, 2020 (online event)
- October 1-3, 2019
- April 9-11, 2019
- September 26-27, 2018
- February 8, 2018
- April 16, 2017
- 8th KAUST-ANSYS Workshop, February 2021
- 1st Applied Deep Learning Workshop for Engineers using MATLAB, November 2, 2020
- 2nd KAUST-CONVERGE Workshop, TBA
- Opening remarks
- Multiphase flows (Link)
- Structural mechanics (Link)
- HPC (Link)
- Shaheen hands-on session (Link)
Links to the daily online meetings:
- In order to customize future events to your needs, please provide your feedback immediately after the event.
Recording of the proceedings: