KAUST Supercomputing Lab held the “HPC 101 Shaheen II Training”, on Thursday, September 17th, 2020 online via Zoom.
The aim of this course is to give users of Shaheen II, Cray XC40 supercomputer, an introductory overview of the system and its usage, and to help them make efficient use of their allocated resources. Changes and new features on Shaheen will be also discussed.
The workshop agenda is as follows and the slides are here attached:
- 10:00 am Welcome
- 10:05 am Overview of Shaheen and Neser Architecture. slides video
- 10:15 am How to get an account and access to Shaheen. slides video
- 10:25 am Running environment and Job Scheduling slides video
- 10:50 am Running HPC workflow on Shaheen: VASP example. slides video
- 11:05 am Applications software example: CFD example. slides video
- 11:20 am Programming environment, debugging and profiling, Best practices and tips. slides video
- 11:40 am Questions and open discussions with KSL team
Please respond to the survey if you have not completed it. it will help us in improving our tutorials and preparing future tutorial on your topic of interest.
Link to the survey: https://hpc.kaust.link/Survey_Shaheen101_Fall20