KAUST Supercomputing Lab held the “HPC 101 Shaheen II Training”, on Tuesday, 14 September 2021, in hybrid mode, at the Auditorium Lecture Hall 2325, Building 9 and also online via Zoom.
The aim of this course is to give users of Shaheen II, Cray XC40 supercomputer, an introductory overview of the system and its usage, and to help them make efficient use of their allocated resources. Changes and new features on Shaheen will be also discussed.
The workshop agenda is as follows:
- 9.45 am Welcome and Introduction to KAUST Supercomputing Lab
- 10:00 am Overview of Shaheen and Neser Architecture.(slides, video)
- 10:15 am How to get an account and access to Shaheen.(slides, video)
- 10:25 am Running environment and Job Scheduling.(slides, video)
- 10:50 am Running HPC workflow on Shaheen: VASP example.(slides, video)
- 11:05 am Applications software example: CFD example.(slides, video)
- 11:20 am Programming environment, debugging and profiling, Best practices and tips.(slides, video)
- 11:40 am Questions and open discussions with KSL team