The KAUST Supercomputing Lab held the “Shaheen 101 HPC Training”, on Tuesday, 13 September 2022, in Auditorium 0215, Between buildings 2 and 3.
The aim of this training is to give current and future users of Shaheen II, Cray XC40 supercomputer, an introductory overview of the system and its usage, learn about the recent changes to the storage, programming environment and to help them make efficient use of their allocated resources.
The agenda was as follows:
- 8:45 am Coffee/light refreshment and Registration
- 9:00 am Overview of Shaheen and Neser Architecture. (slides)
- 9:10 am How to get an account and access to Shaheen. (slides)
- 9:20 am Shaheen Storages: changes and policies.(slides)
- 9:30 am Running environment and Job Scheduling.(slides)
- 9.50 am. Visualizations tools. (slides)
- 10:00 am Running HPC workflow on Shaheen: VASP example. (slides)
- 10:15 am Applications software example: CFD example. (slides)
- 10:30 am Programming environment, debugging and profiling, Best practices and tips.(slides)
- 10:50 am Questions and open discussions with KSL team
Please complete the survey to help us improve our upcoming trainings: https://hpc.kaust.link/Shaheen101_Fall22_Survey