KAUST Supercomputing Lab invites you to attend the “HPC 101 Shaheen II Training”, which will be held on Thursday, February 20th, 2020 morning in Building 4 Level 5 Room 5209 Seaview.
The aim of this course is to give users of Shaheen II, Cray XC40 supercomputer, an introductory overview of the system and its usage, and to help them make efficient use of their allocated resources. Changes and new features on Shaheen will be also discussed.
The workshop agenda is as follows and the slides are here attached:
- 09:30 am Coffee and Registration
- 09:45 am Overview of Shaheen and Neser Architecture
- 09:55 am How to get an account and access to Shaheen
- 10:05 am Running environment and Job Scheduling
- 10:30 am Running HPC workflow on Shaheen: VASP example
- 10:45 am Applications software example: CFD example
- 11:00 am Programming environment, debugging and profiling, Best practices and tips
- 11:20 am Questions and open discussions with KSL team
Seats are limited, so please register at https://hpc.kaust.link/Shaheen101_Spring2020
When: Same day, February 20th, 2020, 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Where: Building 1, Level 0, Room: 115
The event will be followed by the Shaheen Clinic, a “talk to the experts” session when you can have face to face interaction with the trainers and the Shaheen support staff to get started on Shaheen or resolve any issue you are facing.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
KAUST Supercomputing Core Laboratory (KSL)